Monday, June 11, 2007

Bangalore Blues

Its raining hard in bangalore, as i write this, safely ensconced in my chair in the office. The chatter surrounding me about running sas codes to the french open final does nothing to put me at ease. The city it seems does nothing to put me at ease. Its almost that i miss my home town,or maybe my reign of exile in delhi. Somehow the city makes me feel alien, somehow it prompts me to search beneath the surface. Any city, i believe, is not remembered by its wide roads or the towering buildings nor the lack of it.. its the memories that they give you, the drama that is played in your imagination where the city becomes the stage,actor and the audience, the scenes that it evokes, canvasses in your mind that are so vivid you feel one with the city. All i see here are thousands of cabs and buses getting people from point A to point B (point B being the workplace).. and i see the same thousands of people frequenting the pubs and the restaurants on the weekends. Theres a single underlying theme of monotony and boredom..
either i am blind to all thats there to bangalore or maybe i am just paranoid about things which shouldnt bother me..
either ways i am scared shitless!

1 comment:

Serendipity said...

There can be different avenues of loving the city...You were so damn right that big buildings and malls are not everything...Luckily Bombay has beaches and you can go there, sit there silently with a can of beer and enjoy the calm and cool sea breeze...!

So you kind of dislike Bangalore??